28 August 2010

transformation

I was asked to create a presentation for the city of how an old, boxy building might be transformed into a Japanese community center.  The building was for sale and some community leaders had some great ideas for it.

Naturally, anything is possible in the digital world, though I still took budget into account.  It was fun to alter just a few elements to turn it into this:




The original is far less attractive ~ practically neighborhood blight ~ though I have to say that I met the people working there and they seemed very kind.



Nothing has happened yet on the actual transformation.  As far as I know, the building has not even been sold yet.  But it's nice to imagine that one day, there might be a new community center to dress up the neighborhood.

No comments: