07 July 2012

new painting



I finished a new painting! I'm so glad that it turned out to be pleasing to me. I'd been trying to paint the past couple months but was so busy/stressed that my paintings turned out that way, too. It was dreadful. This canvas actually has three painting attempts on it, and I'm finally happy with this third one. It's also very nice to have gotten through all those super-busy times and to have a little time to breathe and contemplate a pleasant summer ahead.

I had the perfect place to hang it ~ on a blank wall in my new office where I can see it when I look up from my desk.


Hopefully I will complete some more works and can change the paintings through the year. My own little one-work-at-a-time gallery. ^_^

6 comments:

Juriko Kosaka said...

Beautiful colors:)
This work isn't one that I imaged.
There are many sharp shapes.
This is energetic and cheerful, so it deserves for work place!

Dana Carey said...

HI Kimi, I love the colors and the light, airy feeling. I hope you find the time to paint many more. Have a great summer!

kimi said...

It's a little different than what I've been painting the past year, isn't it? Thanks for taking a look ~ I'm glad you like it! :)

kimi said...

Thank you, Dana! I saw that you've been busy writing picture books. Hopefully this summer will see us both accomplishing a lot of painting and writing. It's a season that inspires me. Yes, let's have a great summer!

SaylorMade said...

This painting is so colourful and bright! I imagine it will spark all sorts of creativity this summer. I hear you with painting while stressed or in a foul mood. Strange how that works, isn't it?

kimi said...

Yes, I feel like once I know how to use a certain medium, feeling calm and unencumbered is the best way to get an artistic result that I'm happy with, and over-thinking a piece or just being stressed/upset in general is a good way to get something cluttered/ trite/ directionless/ uninspiring. I always hope for a good result, by which I might mean that I hope to make something that will surprise me a little. :) Thanks for stopping by, Jeannine!