25 April 2011

clay bunnies

Mama Bunny

 Yesterday we had lunch and a nice family afternoon at my mom's house. The last time we visited she was working in her pottery studio and helped my son and I make clay bunnies for our garden. Today we saw that they had gone through their first firing and are turning out to be pretty cute!

After the first firing, we have the choice of using acrylic paint on them (like I did with this chicken) or glazing them and putting them through a second firing in the kiln. Since the bunnies were originally my son's idea I let him decide and he picked glaze. So we're going to glaze them white, which means we have to wait a little bit longer to take them home ~ probably in a couple of weeks.

There are three bunnies and the mama is hollow so the babies can hide under her like this.


I think they'll be very charming when they're fully finished. Don't you?


Update: We visited my mum today and picked up the clay bunnies. Here's how they turned out!

5 comments:

SaylorMade said...

Very sweet. I love that the babies can nestle under mom or she can send them off when they become too boisterous and need to hop around.

Unknown said...

Cutest thing ever!

kimi said...

Thanks Jeannine! I can tell you have experience as a "mama bunny". ^_^

kimi said...

Thank you, Jessica! I can't wait to put them in the garden when they're glazed and fired. I only have one real bunny hopping around out there ~ the more the merrier!

Juriko Kosaka said...

Hi Kimi! They looks unique and funny!
I like them.